Monday, February 23, 2015

Thank you, quizzes, and a look ahead!

Hello,
       I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to spring; I just wanted to give you a couple updates.

Big thank you to those who brought in tissues and wipes.  Big help with so many kiddos under the weather.  Also, thank you to whoever nominated me to get interviewed.  It looks like that may happen; hope I don't let anyone down.  It turns out, I am not very interesting.  Lastly, thank you all to helped wish my a happy birthday.  FCCS' kindness always blows me away.

Both 5th and 6th grade will have short quizzes tomorrow.  5th grade will have it on Greek Mythology (Why did they have mythology, and a few of the main gods).  6th grade will have a quiz on the end of the Aztecs and the Inca Empire.

5th Grade moving a head will truck through Greece.  I horrible underestimated how long the mythology sub section would take... so it'll be a bit before we have Alexander conquer.  Then we will be off to India.  I really can't wait.  It will probably be another 2 weeks or so before we talk about that though.

6th Grade is moving near the end of their Americas unit.  We'll probably test either Tuesday or Wednesday next week.  For the remainder of the week I am hoping to do a little mini research project in class concerning Native North Americans.  My goal is for students to select a culture and to go more in depth. It should be a lot of fun.  After that, China, Korea, and the South Pacific!

Have a great evening everyone and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment